2 Minute Offense
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AFC Standings
AFC EAST

4-1 (2-1)

burnlawrence
2-2
(2-1)

alfy62
2-2
(1-2)

AzureDepth
1-4 (1-2)

AFC NORTH

h0cUs PoCuS
4-1
(2-1)

Available
3-2
(1-1)

TawnyZer0KooL
2-3 (1-1)

GreenLimitedL
1-3 (0-1)

AFC SOUTH

SuddenClassic
3-2 (2-0)

ixiNighT Foxixi
2-3 (0-0)

srhs14
2-3 (0-1)

Available
0-5 (0-1)

AFC WEST

xtremeHostile
5-0 (1-0)

Boba0Fett

3-2
(1-1)

RecKaaGez

2-3 (0-0)

Shankssta
0-4 (0-1)

NFC EAST

Gngsta 4 Lyphe

5-0 (2-0)

Paress
4-1
(0-0)

Available
3-1 (0-1)

JusticeNY
0-5 (0-1)

NFC NORTH

GonzoArmstrong
5-0 (3-0)

busturdust
2-3 (1-1)

VanFlank
2-2 (0-1)

Available
0-5 (0-2)

NFC SOUTH

The Skeenz
4-1 (2-0)

x supa ii frost
4-1
(1-1)

hal3yyo
4-1
(0-1)

x Zeg x
0-4 (0-1)

NFC WEST

iTs jonboi817
4-1 (1-0)

ImRemnant
2-3 (1-0)

badguy1985
1-4 (1-1)

Available
0-4 (0-2)

Salary Cap!

+3
LethalBadger
Gonzo
Paress
7 posters

Go down

Would you like to see an imposed salary cap to keep teams even?

Salary Cap! I_vote_lcap50%Salary Cap! I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 9 ]
Salary Cap! I_vote_lcap50%Salary Cap! I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 18

Salary Cap! Empty Salary Cap!

Post  Paress Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:01 am

Please take the time to vote
Paress
Paress
Admin
Admin

https://minoff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Salary Cap! Empty Re: Salary Cap!

Post  Gonzo Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

1) If you add a salary cap it just ruins the league for me
2) How about you just kill the fucking league and do a fantasy draft(Or just Start another one)... HEY LOOK EVERY TEAM IS EVEN! salary cap.... hahahaha what a pussy idea
Gonzo
Gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalBadger Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:22 pm

yeah if there was a hell no i woulda voted that. why is there more yes than no? its stupid.
LethalBadger
LethalBadger

Back to top Go down

Post  alfy62 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 pm

NO PLEASE NO!
alfy62
alfy62

Back to top Go down

Post  TaintedAmbition Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:52 pm

The reason for it is to keep it realistic, most sim leagues run a salary cap style so it would avoid having overpowered teams
TaintedAmbition
TaintedAmbition

Back to top Go down

Post  badguy1985 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 am

And if it's done correctly (which I have no doubt it will be, given Paress' track record) it's only going to enhance the league. If young potential players are paid less than you will have to make decisions on whether to resign older starters or draft/sign replacements. Gonzo has an uninformed and plainly silly take on this, calling it a fantasy draft, when a good salary cap isn't going to be so restrictive that you can't keep your stars, but only will give you more options to consider on you're role players. The real NFL has a salary cap, is that like a fantasy draft?
badguy1985
badguy1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzo Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am

i said you might as well do a fantasy draft. i didnt call the salary cap a fantasy draft you fucking uninformed retard. also the real nfl has a salary cap correct and GUESS WHAT theres SHIT TEAMS (lions rams bills raiders) AND THEN THERES LOADED TEAMS! (vikings saints colts patriots) OH WOW THAT SALARY CAP SURE DOES EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD. You want to start a flaming contest you wont win buddy. Btw in the NFL i dont see teams being forced to drop players their better players because of the salary cap. they always find a way to sign their stars. if they drop anyone its an old guy or a player with no potential. you that upset that i agreed with every vote except this one. not to mention everyone whos posted seems to def not want this. This goes through people may quit the franchise... hows that help us? i dont see anyone leaving if this doesnt pass...
Gonzo
Gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  badguy1985 Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

"i said you might as well do a fantasy draft. i didnt call the salary cap a fantasy draft you fucking uninformed retard. also the real nfl has a salary cap correct and GUESS WHAT YOU FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT (lions rams bills raiders) theres SHIT TEAMS AND THEN THERES LOADED TEAMS! (vikings saints colts patriots)"

How sweet you talk. Ignorance might be bliss but you don't act very blissful.

So look at your loaded teams - Vikings and Saints especially. How were they 3-5 years ago? The Vikes were mediocre at best and the Saints stank up a storm. They would have been in your "SHIT TEAMS" category (You really show your intelligence by being able to swear a lot and use caps lock)

Now how did those teams get better? I don't know really. Maybe free agency had something to do with it? Looking at the free agent pickups right before each team started to get better... Has Drew Brees done anything for the Saints? No probably not. He was just a player that the Chargers let go because you can't keep a lot of really good players that you don't use because of the salary cap. Jonathan Vilma? He any good? Darren Sharper, Jeremy Shockey, most of their O-line was picked up in free agency.

What about the Vikes? I wonder if Jared Allen had anything to do with them getting better. He was great in KC but they didn't pay him enough to stay. Wonder why? They have lots of money. What would limit teams from keeping all the players that perform for them? Maybe if someone put some kind of limit on the amount of money each team could spend? Genius. By the way, Visanthe Shiancoe, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, and more recently Brett Favre came via Free Agency. (Edit: Can't believe I forgot Steve Hutchinson)

All the players I named came off of the top of my head, I know there are many more. The basic point is that Free Agency works because of the Salary Cap, and that gonzo, swell guy that he is, was nice enough to make this point for me by naming two of the best free agent driven turnarounds in recent years. Lol thanks Mr. "basically the co-commissioner" I appreciate your help. Now go have mommy put some soap in your mouth.

badguy1985
badguy1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzo Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm

you do realize almost every guy you listed WAS TRADED talk about ignorance being bliss... except for Favre the guy who cant decide if hes going to retire or not

Also Note Shiancoe was nothing before Favre became his QB horrible example.

Last edited by Gonzo on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gonzo
Gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  badguy1985 Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Gonzo wrote:you do realize every guy you listed WAS TRADED talk about being ignorance being bliss... except for Favre the guy who cant decide if hes going to retire or not

Brees was true free agency, Allen and a couple others were sign and trades/franchise tags that were done for financial purposes. You know, that salary cap thing we were talking about.
badguy1985
badguy1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzo Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:48 pm

or Allen was traded because he requested it and the cheifs were going nowhere... but you can just ignore the facts and come up with your own conclusions to support your theories thats cool with me. and im sorry i forgot brees was signed as a FA after he tore the labrum in his right shoulder he wasnt expected to ever be good again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135 that means nothing Smile

oh and when you want to stop being a fucking peice of shit pussy why dont you act like a man and talk to me face to face, or in this case ( use the chatbox ) lol

I know what you think the salary cap does because you did tell me before you ran off like a pussy in the chatbox but im sorry to tell you THERE ARE NO SUPRISES IN MADDEN there will be no tom bradys. players potentials do not improve so you're flat out wrong. all we would be doing is dropping STARS OR GOOD PLAYERS.
Gonzo
Gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  RecKaaGez Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I say we maintain two leagues, this one and a salary cap one. We could have another forum major topic about the other salary league. Please make a poll for this decision!

-RecKaaGez
RecKaaGez
RecKaaGez

Back to top Go down

Post  badguy1985 Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 pm

No, there won't be any Tom Brady situations, but Tom Brady was never a Free Agent. There could be a something like what happened with Drew Brees. Drew Brees had the injury but he was still coveted by quite a few teams, most notably the Phins and Saints. The Chargers also offered him a contract but it wasn't enough money. So they would have kept him if there was no salary cap. We could easily have a team draft one of the top QBs in our league and let go of a good older QB so they can use the money on someone else. Or a Reggie White thing where a good team lets go of one of there aging stars because they have so many and a rising team gets him to push them over the top. It just makes sense.

And don't tell me people will quit with free agency and won't quit without. In any online Franchise or Dynasty I have seen, the number one most common quit is the team that's 2-10 late in the season and feels like they can't get any better. It's always going to be more fun for the winners than the losers. And those teams are the most difficult to fill as well, because who wants to take over a team with an awful record and not much chance to get better? The salary cap driven free agency of the NFL allows bad teams to get better because the good teams have to spend money on all of their good players. It'll do the same thing here, It'll give hope to an owner having a bad year.

And by the way, I notice one of your stock responses is YOU FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT. The only thing that bothers me about you calling me that is that you spell piece wrong everytime. Remember I before E except AFTER C. I'd like you to work on your spelling but otherwise when some teenaged halfwit calls me names on the internet I'm pretty unaffected. As far as me talking to you man to whiny pubescent, I think that would be hilarious. But like I told you today, I don't have all day to waste.

The real problem here is you; you sit on here and pick fights with other people that are just trying to have a good time because you have nothing else better to do and because you're "basically the co-commish here." I keep going back to when you said that because that's when I knew how worthless you are. When that little tiny bit of power blows you up like a balloon, you know that you can't handle anything else.

You're a sad little man gonzo and I don't envy you that.
badguy1985
badguy1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonzo Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 pm

I love this league, won't you all be my friends Very Happy ty paress for editing my post.
Gonzo
Gonzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paress Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:58 pm

There will be no salary cap implemented this season
Paress
Paress
Admin
Admin

https://minoff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down